By Jamie Bryson
Unionist Voice can today bring more exclusive revelations s in relation to the deep and undeniable links between Sinn Fein and the ruthless crime gang exploiting the vulnerable Roma community in south Belfast for financial and political gain.
It should be remembered that LORAG are a Sinn Fein front group within the community and both they and RCCANI have benefited greatly by virtue of the patronage of Sinn Fein MLA Mairtin O’Muillieoir.
The new revelations are as follows:
- A prominent Sinn Fein activist- Michael Cunningham- was inserted into RCCANI as a paid consultant. He was hand-picked by Sinn Fein to act as a ‘link man’ between the party and RCCANI after the previous manager left due to concerns about financial malpractice and the activities of Nicolae Nicola
- After the story broke on Unionist Voice Mairtin O’Muilleoir pressurised Belfast Health Trust officials urging them not to co-operate with any mainstream media enquiries in relation to the exploitation
- Sinn Fein press officers pressurised various media outlets not to follow up on the story warning of ‘consequences’ should any mainstream outlet be seen to be following up a story originally published by Unionist Voice
- In secret tapes Nicolae Nicola’s father admits to procuring false driving licences and insurance and complains that “now the police know everything”
- Nicolae Nicola warned members of the Roma community that “his friends in the IRA were not happy” and that there would be “trouble” for any person “telling everything”. He further stated that whistleblowers were “damaging our man in Parliament (thought to mean Assembly member Mairtin O’Muillieoir)”.
- The electoral commission were asked to investigate voter trends in south Belfast after a large increase in registered voters, some thought to have registered using fraudulent documents. These voters were registered by LORAG and RRCANI .
- Mairtin O’Muillieoir personally addressed the City Life Church and promised financial contributions in exchange for votes. He later paid a year’s rent and purchased chairs and a sound system for Nicolae Nicola’s church
- Posters threatening two entirely innocent Belfast Trust workers were made in RRCANI using their tax payer funded computers. Nicolae Nicola orchestrated this plan
- Nicolae Nicola’s ‘enforcer’ Daniel Serban- pictured here wearing Mairtin O’Muilleoirs mayoral chain of office- was arrested for his role in the intimidation of two Belfast Trust workers
Since Unionist Voice broke the news of the exploitation of the vulnerable Roma community by gang-masters closely linked to Sinn Fein, other media outlets have conducted entirely independent investigations and substantiated many of the original allegations exposed by Unionist Voice.
David Thompson from the BBC Nolan Show, Brendan Hughes from the Irish News and the Sunday Life’s Ciaran Barnes have all carried out entirely independent investigations and produced some excellent journalism which uncovered a lot more detail about the extent and level of the exploitation. All of this work was carried out entirely independently without any input from Unionist Voice. There was also a range of excellent follow up pieces published by the Newsletter’s Mark Rainey.
There is a wealth of further information to come which will expose the depth of O’Muillieoir’s links to Roma crime boss Nicolae Nicola and how Sinn Fein turned a blind eye to the exploitation in exchange for votes.
Could you imagine if a Unionist MLA was pressuring public officials not to answer questions from the media, making large financial donations in exchange for votes and saddling up with a ruthless gang-master exploiting a vulnerable community?
There should be a public inquiry into the exploitation scandal and the role of Sinn Fein in enabling and facilitating the illegal activities of Nicolae Nicola.
Since you’re here…
… we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading the Unionist Voice than ever but unlike many news organisations, we haven’t put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as open as we can.
The Unionist Voice is editorially independent, meaning we set our own agenda. Our journalism is free from commercial bias. No one edits our Editor. No one steers our opinion. This is important because it enables us to give a voice to the voiceless, challenge the powerful and hold them to account. It’s what makes us different to so many others in the media, at a time when factual, honest reporting is critical.
f everyone who reads our reporting, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be much more secure. For as little as £1, you can support the Unionist Voice– and it only takes a minute. Thank you.